Together, people are creating a new ritual for our annual calendar. #GivingTuesday is the opening day of the giving season. #GivingTuesday is a global reminder of the “reason for the season.” For us as believers in Christ, it is a reminder of our Savior who meets us in our world to generously offer His love, justice, mercy, and reconciliation.
This year, #GivingTuesday is November 28 — but we’ll be celebrating all month! Our focus this year will be helping homeless LGBT+ youth:
- While 10% of the general youth population identify as LGBT+, up to 40% of the homeless youth population identify as LGBT+ (Williams Institute).
- Even in 2017, hundreds of thousands of LGBT+ teens are cut off from their families because of their gender/sexual identity.
- Others are escaping unsafe home environments.
- These youth are at high risk of alcohol and drug abuse, sexual violence, and “survival sex” — trading their bodies for a place to sleep or a warm meal (The Center for American Progress).
Who will bring the hope and presence of Christ to these teens? Who will work to prevent LGBT+ youth homelessness in the first place?
This November, we can make a difference.
We hope you will join us in by taking the pledge to “Give. Send. Pray.”
Latest posts by Megan Baatz (see all)
- Train50 Initiative: Training Up Local Experts on LGBT+ Care - April 9, 2019
- Next Month: Gain Specialized Skills in LGBT+ Care in Orlando, FL - March 25, 2019
- Training Licensed Counselors at The Family Conference - March 25, 2019