Dear Faithful Friends:
In our year-end newsletter, we told the story of a 13-year-old transgender youth who was outed by a classmate at his Christian school, ruthlessly bullied, and met with anger by his Christian parents. The tragic update is that Mason is now disowned.
Thirteen years old. Homeless! And sadly, we’ve lost contact with Mason.
As this story unfolded real-time, the parents of an 18-year-old transgender college student, Caleb, pulled all financial support and disowned their child. Fortunately, a ministry whose staff has hosted Posture Shift was connected with this student. Through our Justice Initiatives fund and with your help, we will collaborate to pay $7,000 for housing and meal plan costs for 2019 to ensure that Caleb is not homeless.
Caleb’s state university is temporarily assisting with tuition.
Most often, it is secular organizations that step in to protect homeless LGBT+ youth. Lead Them Home is determined to change this reality by creating “justice bridges” whereby churches and everyday Christians can also make investments to prevent homelessness or help youth recover from life on the streets through educational and job training opportunities.
Our goal is to faithfully advance several ministry efforts in 2019. We are seeking year-end donations totaling $100,000 to accomplish the following objectives:
- $25,000 to fund Justice Initiatives assisting youth like Mason and Caleb ($7,000 committed)
- $25,000 to pay for the second printing of Guiding Families (Order placed)
- $25,000 to hire much-needed administrative support in Boston (Hiring underway)
- $10,000 to complete the Spanish Edition of Guiding Families (75% complete)
- $10,000 to help launch our next resource, Guiding Teens on Sexuality & Gender
- $5,000 to upgrade our CRM to better connect with church leaders and supporters
Posture Shift training events for church leaders are funded by the ministries that we serve. Your gifts help our ministry reach vulnerable youth, release transformative print resources, and employ the staff necessary to live out this calling.
We are already moving forward in faith. We trust God to provide through your gifts. If you have any questions, please contact us or call us at (978) 212-9630.
You can give securely online via credit, debit, or e-check at leadthemhome.org/give. You can give one-time or schedule a recurring monthly gift. Or simply mail a check to:
Lead Them Home
100 Powdermill Road, Suite 325
Acton, MA 01720
Thank you for believing in God’s work through our mission at Lead Them Home. All donations are tax-deductible and will be receipted in early 2019. We deeply appreciate your investment today.
May God bless you and your family as you celebrate Christ’s birth during this season.
Until every LGBT+ person knows love from their church, family, and Savior.
Founder | Lead Them Home
Creator | Posture Shift
Author | Guiding Families
Latest posts by Lead Them Home (see all)
- A Special Year-End Message from Bill Henson - December 21, 2018
- Guiding Families Pre-Orders! You’ve Got Mail! - May 17, 2018
- Bill Henson Welcomes Editorial Team for Guiding Families Launch Party! - May 16, 2018