One of the greatest challenges facing the church today is how to engage, welcome and share Christ with LGBT+ persons. For decades, controversy and hurt have existed between the church and the LGBT+ community. A new generation views past mistreatment as a pressing justice issue.
Posture Shift presents a biblically sound approach to LGBT+ care and church inclusion. Our 2-day intensives course will build specialized skills for anyone on your team or in your congregation.
Teaching topics will include:
- Establishing a Biblical Basis for Posture Shift
- LGBT+ People Through a Missiological Lens
- Growing Up LGBT+
- Suicide Risks and Statistics
- Importance of a Level Playing Field
- The Gay Community’s Vulnerable History
- How to Respond When Teens Come Out
- Guiding Parents When Kids Come Out
- How to Care for Suicidal Youth
- How to Care for Transgender Teens
- 8 Effective Principles to Outreach
- “Lateral Distractions” Relational Model
- 32 Tips for a Strong Relational Witness
- Best Practice Care Model
- Building a Sustainable Support System
- Biblically Sound Inclusion Model
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Attendee Questions
- Table Discussion
- Case Studies
Learn more in our Posture Shift Orlando informational PDF.
We are just one month away from Posture Shift 2-Day Intensives Course in Orlando, Florida. Register now at postureshift.com/orlando.
Latest posts by Meg Baatz (see all)
- Recap: Lead Them Home at Revoice 2019 - June 18, 2019
- Tennessee Preacher: LGBT+ People Should Be ‘Executed’ in 2019 - June 15, 2019
- NJ / NYC Leaders: Schedule Your Training in Late October and Save! - June 14, 2019