FOR EVERY CHURCH TEAM, FAMILY, & CHRISTIAN SMALL GROUP
When an LGBT+ loved one comes out, many of us are ill-equipped to respond well. We may experience unpredictable stages of grief or feel a bit lost in uncharted territory. These emotions often create hesitancy.
We long to honor God while loving our LGBT+ family members and friends, but we may wonder if it is possible to achieve both of those goals. Am I free – does God permit me – to love and engage LGBT+ loved ones as they are?
In May 2018, Guiding Families of LGBT+ Loved Ones was released to equip every pastor, every parent, and all who care for LGBT+ loved ones.
Groups across North America (and beyond) began to find fellowship and support while gaining helpful insights from our guide. Such groups have included:
- Adult Sunday school class
- Church staff required reading
- 6-week parent reading group
- Existing bible study/small group
- Youth worker book study
“Please pray for us as we begin taking others through Guiding Families beginning tomorrow night. It is going to be powerful and healing.” – Keith and Donna
SPECIAL OPPORTUNITY: AUTHOR Q&A
Bill Henson, author of Guiding Families, has worked with over 4,000 individuals and families. He believes so much in the power of Guiding Families Groups that he will be available to join your group via conference call for a question and answer session.
Simply purchase a 10-pack or more of Guiding Families, complete the first 3 sections our guide, and then contact us to schedule Bill.
HOW TO BRING GUIDING FAMILIES TO YOUR GROUP
- Talk to God and others in your faith community about starting a study series through Guiding Families.
- Purchase a pack of Guiding Families books here. Bulk discounts available! Have each person pay you back, or see if your church or ministry can help with the cost.
- Choose a time and date range for your study series. If your group already meets on a regular day and time, then you’re all set!
- Choose a place to meet: a church, office space, classroom, someone’s home, or even virtually via one of many video chat options. Your group may already have a regular venue.
- Get started! No matter how humble your beginnings, start in faith and keep the momentum going.
Lead Them Home seeks to resource existing and new groups alike. We are honored that you have chosen Guiding Families as a study resource to equip your group.