Lead | To initiate measurable steps that mobilize churches to love, care, and include…
Them | …anyone who has felt excluded, pushed-away, condemned or minimized…
Home | …by promoting secure families, safe churches and a strong faith in Jesus Christ.
Why Lead Them Home? In 2008, our ministry was invited to host a daily radio program in New England. We chose Leeland’s beautiful song, Tears of the Saints, as the theme song. Little did we know that our ministry would become primarily known by our radio show, “Lead Them Home.”
Over time, we adopted the name since that is how others referred to our work. The goal was never to play into an “us versus them” attitude, but to recognize LGBT+ persons as a people with their own rich history — much of which includes persecution and wrongful abuse.
Jesus said, “Come to me all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest” (Matthew 11:28). And we believe it is in this rest that we all find our true home.
Since our inception in early 2006, Lead Them Home has worked to:
- Eliminate violence against LGBT+ people.
- Eliminate teen suicide among LGBT+ youth and young adults.
- Eliminate judgmental attitudes toward LGBT+ people.
- Extend the Gospel of Jesus Christ to LGBT+ people.
Our 5-Point Promise to the LGBT+ Community:
1. We will never come into your community without an invitation.
2. We will never discuss theology unless you seek such a discussion.
3. We will never align our ministry events against your events.
4. We will never engage in political activities aligned against you.
5. We will honor those who are Christian as our brothers and sisters in Christ.
We are not a “bait-and-switch” ministry. We do not ever attract people into our work only to announce our beliefs months or years later. Our beliefs are what some refer to as orthodox, traditional, or “Side B.”
If this is not clear, please feel free to contact us for further clarification.
We have never — and will never — practice reparative or conversion therapy. Our only objective in spiritual care is to offer safety, acceptance, protection and a place for people to share their story and grow in their faith without judgment.
We welcome dialogue. Simply contact us with your question or comment.
Thank you for visiting Lead Them Home. God bless you.